Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Little More About Reece's Rainbow

Thanks to everyone who has stopped by already. I appreciate the support so much. I thought since I'm assuming most of you have never heard of Reece's Rainbow before I'd give you an overview of their site and what they are about. First, the basics, you can find their website here. Of course, you can look around as you like, but I thought I'd tell you about my favorite spots. Warning, if you are anything like me you are about to become far less productive. Countless hours will be spent in front of your computer, gasping, rejoicing, crying. But, I digress. You can find the children currently available for adoption and donations here. On the right lists the different categories. Reece's Rainbow started as a ministry strictly for Down Syndrome children but has since expanded to include orphans with other disabilities around the world. These children are listed under other angels. These children aren't on the Angel Tree, but they are all available for adoption and grants too. All of the children with detailed medical information can be found under the main links, but you can also click on the country choices to see even more children that are awaiting further clarification. These children can still be adopted now. Finally there is the link for the Angel Tree. All of the children on the Tree are listed along with their amounts donated to date through this year's Angel Tree. If you click on a child's name, it will take you to that child's page that has additional information including the amount already in the child's adoption grant. Add the two grants together to know how much they currently have towards their adoption. At the bottom of the Tree are the children who have found their families since the Angel Tree started on Nov 1st. The goal is to raise at least $1000 for each child on the Tree and to find families for 50 children in 8 weeks. I know that sounds a little lofty, but last year around 30+ found homes so it can be done. Now, if you can get through that and stop looking at the children, you can go on to visit the blogs of the families currently in the adoption progress. You can find all the families under the sponsor a family tab. For example, here are the new commitments. Most families have a blog listed so you can follow their stories and send them encouragement and prayers. Donations are also appreciated even after a child has a family coming for them and you can do this here as well. Ok, I think that will do it for now. That ought to keep you all busy for a little while. I hope you keep coming by and leave me some comments. It makes me feel like maybe I'm not talking to myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment